- Complete your Form DS-11 Application for U.S. Passport on the State Department website.
- Print your completed application. DO NOT SIGN YOUR APPLICATION. …
- Have a passport photo taken. …
- Photocopy your proof of identity and U.S. Citizenship documents.
- Calculate your fees.
cteristic words etc.
Thousands of Post Offices™ around the U.S. accept first-time passport applications for the United States Department of State. Post Offices that accept passport applications offer products and services for both first-time and renewal passport applications. Some locations can take your passport photo.
Use Find USPS Locations to visit a Post Office with passport acceptance services. You can filter your Post Office search to find specific passport services. Although some Post Offices offer walk-in passport acceptance, many Post Offices offering passport services require an appointment.
Need a Passport in a Hurry?
Leaving Within 2-3 Weeks
To get a new passport application processed within 2–3 weeks, submit your application at a passport acceptance Post Office and pay for expedited processing and 1–2 day delivery service for faster return shipping.
- Prepare your application package as listed in Step 2: Prepare Your Application Package.
- Add the expedited processing fee of $60, payable to the U.S. Department of State, to your other fees.
- USPS mails your application package to the State Department for processing. You can purchase Priority Mail Express® to expedite delivery. Cost varies by location.
- Purchase the 1–2 day delivery service for $16.48, payable to the U.S. Department of State for faster return shipping.