Apply for your passport several months before your trip. First-time applicants, minors, and applicants who may not renew by mail may submit their passport application at the Post Office. The U.S. State Department website explains what you’ll need to bring with you.
- Application forms (unsigned)
- Proof of identity document and a photocopy of the front and back
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship document and a photocopy of the front and back
- Passport fees
Apply for a Passport
Get My Passport Fast
Do you need to rush your passport? Learn more about the service you should select based on when and why you are traveling internationally.
What Service Should I Select
|My Travel Date||My Reason for Travel||Service I Want||My Processing Times||Next Steps?|
|Right now||I have a life-or-death emergency||Life-or-Death Emergency Service||Within 72 hours (3 business days)||See our “Life-or- Death Emergencies” page to learn if you are eligible.|
|Less than 4 weeks from today||I have urgent international travel plans within 72 hours (3 business days).||Expedited at an Agency or Center||Within 72 hours (3 business days)||An extremely limited number of appointments are available for customers who are traveling internationally in the next 72 hours (3 business days). Restrictions apply.|
Step 2: Prepare Your Application Package
Visit the U.S. Department of State website to learn how to apply for a passport and what documents you need.
- Complete your Form DS-11 Application for U.S. Passport on the State Department website.
- Print your completed application.
DO NOT SIGN YOUR APPLICATION. A Postal employee must witness your signature.
- Have a passport photo taken.
NOTE: Many Post Offices with passport services can also take your photo. Call to confirm your Post Office takes photos.
- Photocopy your proof of identity and U.S. Citizenship documents.
- Calculate your fees.
- Post Offices accept credit cards, checks, and money orders for Post Office acceptance fees.
- State Department fees are mailed with your application. You can pay with a personal, certified, cashier’s, traveler’s check, or money order, payable to “U.S. Department of State.”
Texas drivers license | New York drivers license, | California driver’s license | buy New Jersey driver’s license | Pennsylvania driver’s license | buy legit Maryland driver’s license online | order driver’s license and social security card | purchase UK driving license | buy south Carolina driver’s license | North Carolina driver’s license online | Washington DC driver’s license | buy Texas driver’s license | diplomatic passport | buy uk drivers license online | driving license for sale | buy fake drivers permits online | Texas commercial driving license | CDL | United State Passport | Canadian Passport | drivers license